In accordance with the Dubai Financial Services Authority ("DFSA") Rules, the Dubai Mercantile Exchange("DME") is required to have a fair, impartial and objective procedure for the handling of complaints. As such the DME has set out clear complaint handling procedures for handling complaints either against the Exchange or about users of the Exchange.
Complaint Handling Procedures
- click here to download DME Complaints Policy and Procedures
Important - Before submitting your complaint, please ensure:
1. You have a Relevant Complaint as described in
the DME Complaints Policy and Procedures
2. That the complaint is made in writing and addressed to:
Chief Compliance Officer
Dubai Mercantile Exchange Limited
P.O. Box 66500
Building no. 2
Dubai International Financial Centre
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Chief Compliance Officer will ensure that the complaints process is managed in accordance with the DME Complaints Procedure as well as all applicable rules within the DME Rulebook. This will include passing the complaint to an Independent Director if it is believed that there is or could be a conflict of interest if the Chief Compliance Officer was to manage the complaint process.
4. The Exchange, its Members and the complainant are obliged to co-operate with the Chief Compliance Officer or the Independent Director (as the case may be) in the conduct of his investigation and to provide such information, records and staff as the CCO or the Independent Director considers necessary.
5. Where a complaint is either rejected or the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of any investigation, the complainant will be able to refer the complaint to the DFSA.
6. Following investigation of a Relevant Complaint, either the Chief Compliance Officer or the Independent Director must prepare a written report of his conclusions and recommendations (if any, the Complaint Report).
7. The Compliance Department will retain copies of all documents and materials relating to the complaint (including the Complaint Report) for a minimum of six years.
For additional information on the DME's Complaints Handling Procedures, please contact the Chief Compliance Officer on +971 4 365 5500* or at email@example.com